Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dallas Trip!

Lyla and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Dallas for Marshall's third birthday party! It was at Chuck E. Cheese, and Lyla was completely entranced by all the sounds and colors and noises! We ate pizza and cupcakes, and got to visit with lots of family we never get to see. Of course, I had to take advantage of being there and spend an extra few days with family. Other than the birthday party, additional highlights were:
  • getting to see my dad who just got back from the Ukraine and hearing fresh stories of all the amazing things God did through him! I'm so thankful for a Dad who models what it looks like to walk with Jesus and LIVE DAILY for His Glory!! Such a treat spending Father's Day with him!!
  • Lots of fun hang out time with the cousins! Yummy meals, swimming in the plastic pool, etc.
  • Getting to see several childhood friends at my friend Kristine's Sip and See
  • Soaking up wisdom from my mom and dad...especially over a Ruth's Chris steak! :)
  • My mom treated me to a pedicure while she watched Lyla...spoiled!!
  • Sipping on lemonade and eating goldfish crackers at my grandparents' house
  • Going on a date with my niece Olivia
  • Just simply BEING with family! It's like Heaven on earth to me! :) Of course, we missed John David and are thankful to be back in Fayetteville with him!
Here are a few pics from our days in Dallas...unfortunately, I was terrible about taking pictures. But, as you can see, Lyla enjoyed simply eating and bathing in a new place! We love being at Cookie and Papo's!!













1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, what fun! you're family is so fun! I love seeing those pics with all the kiddos in the pool, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete