Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God is good...all the time.

I am just blown away by God this morning. We have joined a 6 week class with our church that you take to become members, and last night we talked about sharing our stories and what God has done in our lives. I had the privilege of hearing two friends in our group tell their stories. What was interesting about these two stories is that they have both lost a parent and have been through major tragedy. But, what absolutely blows me away about our gracious, good God is that He used these tragedies to draw these friends into a relationship with Him. All I could think about was Romans 8:28..."And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." To hear the impact for Christ that was accomplished through these losses reminds me that God truly has a plan so much bigger than we can fathom. If we can look past the hardships that are staring us in the face on this earth, and trust a much bigger God, who sees the big picture, it would be truly life changing. I'm humbled by the faith I see in these friends. And as they have truly shared with Christ in His sufferings, they have a deeper love and appreciation for what Christ did for us. Jesus knows what it was like to be separated from His father when He died on the cross. And because of that, He can comfort us in our times of sadness and hardship. I'm thankful to know that kind of God. And this has encouraged me so much, that I couldn't help but share! He is worthy of praise...even in the midst of hardship.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! Praise the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete