Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lyla's Firsts



Well, now that I've started this blog, I honestly wish I had started a long time ago...when Lyla was born. It's such a great way to keep a log of her progress and how she's changing every day. It's been so fun and amazing to watch her grow and learn new things over the past 8 and a half months. So, I'm going back to the beginning...to document in pictures several significant firsts in Lyla's life!


Lyla on her first day of life! Snuggled up in the blanket Great Grandmama knit her.


Our first trip to the doctor...one week old. Hello world! Cannot get over how tiny she looks!


First plane trip on "Uncle" Patrick's plane...two weeks old! We went to see family in Dallas. And then little miss jet-setter flew on it again at 6 weeks old! She LOVED it! Fell right to sleep to the hum of the plane and slept the entire way! Such a fun memory!!


First Razorback football game! The first of many, that is! 7 weeks old. Lasted all four quarters plus tailgating. TROOPER! A hog fan at birth.

First time to sit in her Bumbo at 3 months old. I love her little smirk in this picture! She's getting so big!


Lyla's first Christmas with John David's family in Southeast Arkansas. As you might suspect, she was spoiled rotten. :)

First time to roll, from back to tummy...4 1/2 months. My little Rolly Polly!


Uncle John feeding Lyla her first real solid (other than rice cereal)...sweet potatoes, at 5 1/2 months. She LOVED them! Still one of her favorite foods today.


Sitting up on her own at 5 months and 3 weeks old. This is one of my favorite stages!! Could just sit on a blanket and play with her little toys!


Sprouted my first tooth at 6 1/2 months...the bottom two just shot up within a couple days.

Started crawling at 7 1/2 months, and has been a girl on the go ever since!!

Literally 2 days after she started crawling, we walked in to this! And now this is what we see every morning and after every nap! Pulling up to stand is seriously one of her favorite things to do! This is how we spend our days...just moving from one piece of furniture to the next.

John David and I LOVE to float the river, so we were thrilled that Lyla loved her first canoe trip at just 8 months old! We've got a little river girl on our hands! This will hopefully be the first of many trips to come!

And finally, Lyla's first time to meet Elmo. I just think her face is so classic. This is how she stares at anyone new. Just taking it all in and really trying to figure them out. Don't worry, she was giggling and cuddling shortly after the initial shock wore off.

Lyla,

It's been such a joy to watch you discover the world around you and figure things out for the first time. We are SO proud of you and look forward to watching you continue to learn and grow. I'm excited to see you take your first steps, give us kisses, learn your first words...and most importantly, learn how much Jesus loves you and gave His life for you! Our prayer is that you would trust in Him and glorify Him with your life! "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power...to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..." (Ephesians 3:17-18)

We love you so much!!!
Mom and Dad








8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this blog, Minds! I have to say, as an editor, I'm so impressed and grateful for your lack of typos. But I know that you have always been grammatically gifted. Little Miss Lyla looks like she's going to be (and already is) quite a fun little companion for you and John David. And I have a feeling once she finally gets hair she might just be a little FiFi Fluff 2.0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Mindy. I'll enjoy reading your posts and watching little Lyla grow. She is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fee Fee!!! NICE WORK! What a precious post! I LOVED looking back with you and I can't believe how much she has changed....I love her! I'm so glad you are doing this blog...I've checked it 3 times already :) I love you and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyla is so precious!! I'm hoping that once my baby girl comes in September you can give me some tips AND we can maybe have some play dates!! I would love to get to see you all more often!! I'm glad you started this blog...I added it to my list on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy, I love it! Your blog is so cute and I love getting to keep up with you, Lyla, and John David! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Amy!!! It's that 4th grade teacher coming out in me...I edited a lot of papers in those 3 years! :) I'm so happy to see that people are actually reading these and enjoying them! Thanks y'all! That will motivate me to keep doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy I am so happy you have a blog now so I can keep up with your PRECIOUS family!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete