Sunday, September 12, 2010

College Besties

Yesterday, I spent the day in Little Rock. One of my very best friends from college had a baby shower, and I just had to be there! It's been entirely too long since I've seen most of these college friends, and it was a great excuse to see them all at once!

So, sweet John David had a Daddy/Daughter day with Lyla in Fayetteville as I took off, baby-free, to Little Rock! I smiled all day thinking of John David and Lyla playing together. Literally every time I called to check-in, he was kissing on her and making her giggle. He took her on a lunch date to Chick-fil-a, went to Pack Rat, and even managed to mop the floors, do the dishes, and host a party with pizza, cookies, and cheese-dip to watch the Razorback game! Impressive!

Meanwhile, I bought Lyla a new big-girl carseat at the Little Rock Babies R Us, and had GREAT catch-up visits with my college girls!! I even got to go by my friend, Mandy's, and meet her newest little baby boy, Sam!! It was a wonderful, fun, productive day!!

Here's a close-up of me and the mom-to-be! Katie and I lived either right next door, across the hall, or in the same room as each other for 4 years in College. Needless to say, we know each other well and love each other tons!
And, now for a pic of the precious baby girl growing in her belly!! I can't wait for Lyla and Liberty to be buddies!
Another one of my college besties, Amanda, and her ADORABLE son, Jack. I'm seriously in love with him (and her):
And, here I am with all 3 of my best friends from college. These girls mean the world to me, and college would NOT have been the same without their friendships! And, what's SO fun is that ALL THREE of them are pregnant right now!! Courtney, on the right, has boy #3 growing in her belly!! I can't believe we are all mommies!! I feel like we were JUST living in the Pi Phi house together!
All the girls at the shower:
Jack is loving on the baby in his mommy's tummy:
And now for some sugar for his Mama:
And, yet another one of my bff's from college, Mandy, and her 10 day old son, Samuel!
Isn't he so sweet, and tiny? He looks just like his big brother, Noah. I'm so proud of you, Mandy!

2 comments:

  1. yikes, I definitely look like the sleep-deprived momma that I am in that pic!! LOVED our visit, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah right!!! You look glowing and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete