Friday, September 24, 2010

One Year Check-Up

Well, Lyla had her one year well-check today. I was so thankful that John David got to go with me because the baby-girl had to have 4 shots. :( She was so brave though...only cried for about 30 seconds. After some Daddy hugs, her piggie, and passy, she was all better. We rewarded her braveness with some lunch at Chick-fil-a. So, here are her one year stats:
28.5 inches
20 lb. 9 oz. (both just under 50th %)
and I can't remember her head measurement, but it's in the 10th %! haha, tiny little precious head! :)

Here we are in the Doctor's office...yes, those are purple jeggings.
SO, what is Lyla up to at ONE year old, you may ask?? Let's see..
  • my new favorite thing is that she nods her head "yes" after EVERY question you ask her. I honestly don't know if she actually knows what she is doing, or where she even picked this up, but it is so cute.
  • absolutely walking everywhere. And, she does not want to be held! She wants to get down and GO!
  • LOVES looking at books still. All day long, she just brings me different books to read her. Her current favorite is a book called "MOVE!", about how different animals move. (here comes the my daughter is a genius part) Seriously, we've read it so much, that as soon as she sees the picture of the crocodile, she claps her hands like she's chomping. When she sees the bear, she puts her little claw up and says "grrr" (a super sweet, non-aggressive "grrr"...the kind of bear I would like to encounter), and when she sees the snake, she says "ssssssss". I mean, I am impressed! It's amazing to me that her little brain remembers these connections, and just goes to show that I need to keep teaching her things! Also goes to show how OFTEN we read that book a day!! :)
  • we've officially moved to whole milk and gotten rid of the bottle. I thought I would be sad about this, but it's actually nice if you ask me!
  • still LOVES to dance. Anytime she hears music, that head is bobbing.
  • Is pretty independent. Very content just playing on her own.
  • Has gotten real into baby dolls recently. And a few times, has actually picked up her doll and said, "baby".
  • Still says "dog" and "duck" every time we see one.
  • Has 4 top teeth and 3 bottom (I finally started brushing them...oops, maybe should have started that a while ago. Better late than never I guess!)
Hmmmm....that's about all I can think of right now. Still can't believe I have a ONE YEAR OLD!
Happy Weekend everyone! Woooooooo Pig Soooooie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment