Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Little Sunshine

One of my very best friends, Katie Henry, is the creative genius who made Lyla's first birthday party one of the happiest, most fun days I could have dreamed of. Katie is not only the sweetest, most thoughtful, fun friend and such a blessing in my life...but she is also extremely talented, creative, and has a unique ability to put together an amazingly thought-out party!! Check her out at Katie Grace Designs and use her for your next birthday party, shower, or small event!!! She truly thrives when she is planning a party, and she made this SO easy on me! She literally thought of every single detail and I didn't have to worry about a thing!!

When Katie suggested this "Little Miss Sunshine" theme for our Lyla girl, I fell in love!!! Lyla truly is such a ray of sunshine in our lives and has brought us an unbelievable amount of joy over this past year. So I couldn't think of a better theme to represent her! And I also couldn't help but think of Matthew 5:16 when Jesus tells us to "let your light SHINE before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." That is our prayer for Lyla, that she would be a bright light for Jesus while she is on this earth.

Me and Katie
Lyla's monthly pictures:







The Birthday Girl checking it all out:




Patrick and Margot showed up in their RV, and we were able to play music on the speakers, generate the bounce house, provide shade with the awning, provide a bathroom, and most importantly for all the guys at the party...scores to the football games! Little did I know how useful this little sucker would be!! Thanks Uncle P and Aunt Marge!!!

Singing all to herself as she ate her cake...classic!







My 16 month old niece, Annie, SERIOUSLY rock climbing. Check out that move!!! IMPRESSIVE!!

And the party ended with some hot, tired, and sweaty kids cooling off by eating ice from the cooler. I think this is a good sign that they played hard! :)


Thank you, Katie, for all your hard work! And thanks to all of our precious family and friends for coming to celebrate Our Little Sunshine turning ONE!!!!

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a FABULOUS party! What a fun time! Happy Birthday to little Lyla. Love her "L" bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is RIDICULOUSLY precious! I love it! Katie is a genius. And Lyla an adorable birthday girl. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy - how perfect. i LOVE the party!!! and i don't even know Lyla (although i know her super sweet parents) - but I can just see without a doubt what a ray of sunshine she is to you & john david and your families!!! how precious she is!! :) Happy 1st Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh, what a great re-cap! such a great day for so many reasons! celebrating that DOLL was the highlight. loved every minute of being there. love you! i'm heading back to join olivia for a tea party during rest time with her new teapot! LOVES IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the party idea!! BEAUITFUL little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy moly she really did go all out! the theme fit Lyla perfectly. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo...Mark Bailey calls me mid-wedding day set up and says "OH MY GOSH. WHEN IS LYLA'S PARTY?!?!" I had no idea & couldn't remember where I put the invitation {I'm sure I told him when I put it there-ha!} and he didn't want to call and bug just in case you were in the middle of it all. Dyer really missed out & I'm pretty sure he pouted all night. :) It looks like such a joy filled {and beautifully decorated} day celebrating the sweetest little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet pictures!!!! Lyla is precious and the party looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete