Thursday, September 30, 2010

A peek into the past week

Last Saturday was the big Arkansas Alabama game...and I have to tell you, I've never been so proud of our town and our Razorbacks. I mean, Fayetteville was HOPPING getting ready for the game! You couldn't find a red shirt in any store within a 30 mile radius. Walmart was even out of red icing because of decorating so many baked goods for tailgating. Students started camping out at the stadium on Monday. On Friday, we ate out at Mellow Mushroom and across the entire restaurant, one side yelled "Arkansas!" while the other side responded with "Razorbacks". Everywhere you went for that week leading up, you could hear someone calling the hogs, somewhere. I mean, people were FIRED UP to play Alabama (and I have to be completely honest and say that the entire time I was thinking to myself, why is everyone so pumped up...we are going to get slaughtered!!) However, our little hogs did awesome!! They were winning up until the very end, and although we came out 4 points shy of the win, I was VERY proud of how well they did against the #1 team in the nation. We still love our hogs.



Lyla had her first taste of Fried Pies...um, pretty sure she was in Hog Heaven. She cried when I tried to take away her 5th one...
Cheering on the team as they walked through the middle aisle...Lyla had the best seat in the house!
After recovering from the loss, we quickly returned to normal life again. This is how I found Lyla after her nap the other day. The girl was apparently trying to undress in her sleep...

Playing with our vintage John Deere Tractor that "K Daddy" (John David's dad) gave Lyla:


And Lyla wasn't the only one doing some playing this week. Patrick, Margot, and Richard came over the other night for some Loafin Joes and Shakes. After stuffing our faces with the goodness, John David and his friends decided to have a little fun of their own with some Airplane Action. You're never too old for a good ole fashioned Airplane ride.

Lyla enjoyed her new Table and Chairs from Aunt JuJu and Uncle JoJo. She's already hosted tea parties for Elmo and Sawyer:
And Daddy enjoyed some snuggles with fresh-out-of-the-tub-and-in-her-cute-robe Lyla:

And, there you go, a little peek into our week! We have a FUN-FILLED weekend coming up and I already can't wait to tell you about it! Stay tuned!! :)

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, best blog ever!!!!! I just cracked up at John David and Patricks hands interlocking. Hahaha! Even though we live all the way in dallas, can you please invite me to every single loaf n joes and shakes dinner? MAN! YUM! Such great pix Fee Fee! And while i'm putting in requests, I'd like you to ship me some fried meat pies please. (apparently i'm hungry right now!) mmm...mmmmm! LOVE YOU :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete