Thursday, November 11, 2010

Young Lives

When I was in High School, I was involved in a ministry called Young Life. Young Life is passionate about telling young people how much Jesus loves them, and it was super influential in my own life. This past summer, I heard about a branch of Young Life called Young Lives...it's an outreach to pregnant teens and teen moms. Some amazing college girls here at the U of A felt a desire and a need to start Young Lives here in Fayetteville. Each girl who wants to be involved is paired with a Mentor Mom, so I have the privilege of being a mentor mom to one of these precious girls!!

Here I am with my girl, Jessica. She has a little girl who is just a couple months older than Lyla, and she is pregnant with #2. I can't imagine being in high school and having 2 babies! I can hardly manage one baby myself! :)

Lyla and I love to go to the high school and eat lunch with her.

Here I am with Nene and Shay...again, precious girls!!
Once a month, we all get together at a mentor mom's house to have Bible Study. Last Sunday, we met at our house and talked about how to spend time with God. We gave each girl a "31 day challenge" with Bible verses to study for each day. Our hope is that they would fall in love with Jesus as they learn more about Him through His word!

This is Nene's little boy, Martell. How much do you LOVE him???
cheeks+lips+awesome hair= pure yumminess

Lyla had so much fun playing outside with Martell while we met.
Please pray for this ministry and for all these girls! I want to be so much better about spending time with Jessica and continuing to build a relationship with her! I feel honored to be a part of it, and I'm excited to see what God's going to do in all these young lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment