Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ringing in the New Year like true party animals...

After Christmas, we went to Texarkana to see John David's family and to drop Lyla off for a few days so that John David and I could enjoy some quality time together and a nice little break from everyday parenthood. :) We took full advantage and went to stay at his Aunt and Uncle's river house in Heber Springs. This place is such an amazing getaway!! Aunt Laura has the best taste in decorating and I just loved seeing what a great job she's done with the place! It's so warm, cozy, happy, and comfortable! We had the greatest time...watched lots of football, ate yummy food, played games, read, fished, worked a puzzle, and slept in! Can't think of a better way to ring in the new year! I feel refreshed and renewed! Thank you Jan Jan and Pop!!

A little dark, but had to get John David fishing...
This is where I sat 99% of the time...I'm completely obsessed with working puzzles!







We plan on returning here LOTS!! Thanks John and Laura!!
And Happy New Year everyone!!
It's gonna be a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. Mindy! I'm so glad I'm not the only "nerdy" person who loves to work puzzles! I think it is like the most relaxing thing in the world--weird, right??! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete