Thursday, February 24, 2011

meet Pearl

Pearl is our new pet pig. She was a Valentines gift to Lyla from Papo and Cookie. But, she's especially near and dear to my heart because...
a. she's the cutest thing I've ever seen
b. she came from Seaside, FL which is where John David and I got married
c. I collected pigs my whole life and they are my favorite animal. Every birthday and Christmas, I ask John David for a pet pig. :)
But, until I get my real live pig, Pearl will do. I'm learning that Lyla is kinda slow to warm up to new things. She wasn't quite sure what she thought about Pearl at first, but now she loves her and plays with her all the time.

They watch TV together:
She wipes her nose when it's snotty:
gently places her in the stroller:
gives her kisses:
pushes her all around the house:
I just love seeing her love and nurture her like a little mommy:
I love this next pic. She was just happily playing with Pearl under the table while drinking her juice and so carefully balanced her sippy cup on the ledge. I love that she's admiring her work. Things like this let me see her little imagination and I love it.

And, of course, she takes breaks to read her Jesus Storybook Bible:
And to look cute:

1 comment:

  1. Mindy!! I'm so glad I found your blog and love keeping up with your sweet family!! Lyla is truly the cutest little thing I have EVER seen!! And I just had to tell you this...I, too, have always LOVED pigs, collected them, and use to also ask Trey to get me one. Well, he did my sophomore year of college. I loved that little Pixie pig with all my heart...but I ended up having to give her away because she got too big!! I tell Trey that the first time one of our kiddos asks for a pig, I will TOTALLY give in and go get it!! They are adorable!! So, keep on asking John David...cuz you might just get one!! :)

    ReplyDelete