Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Eating at the Beach

One thing about my family is that we LOVE to eat...so this deserved it's own post as well. With 5 kids 5 and under, we decided to just stay home and cook every night. Each couple had a night to cook and every meal was delicious!! It was so wonderful to eat out on the deck and just let the kids run around and listen to the ocean. After we put them to bed, we would gather in the living room and each man in the family had a night that they lead us in a short little devotional. And then, we devoted a night to each grandbaby to pray for them specifically. This prayer time was by far one of the most meaningful things I'll take from our trip. What a joy and blessing to lift up each of our kids in prayer and just commit each one of them to the Lord!!

Anyway, back to the food. :) Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of every meal (ha!) but here's our yummy salad bar from the first night...so colorful and yummy!


Another fun thing we did was have "Buddies" for the week. This is something we did at our family reunions growing up...we were paired with someone not in our immediate family and at some point during the week, we would go on a date with them and just spend a little extra time with that person. My parents assigned us buddies at the beginning of the week, and we each went around and gave a sentence describing that person and the kids had to guess who it was. Stephen and I were paired with Annie! :) Each morning, 1 or 2 sets of buddies had a date to the Donut Hole for breakfast. It made for such fun, random groups that normally wouldn't get to spend quality time together. Our morning was me, Stephen, and Annie, with Dad, Julia, and Bauer. It was one of the highlights of the week...


heaven on a platter

me and my buddy enjoying a donut :)

me and my Daddy :)

The delicious spread of food!!!

When Dad asked Annie for a bite of her donut, this is what she handed him. hahaha!!!

enjoying some chocolate covered bananas on the deck


ice cream was pretty much a nightly ritual.




Lyla didn't spill any cheese dip on her, did she??

So fun getting to celebrate Julia and Whitney's birthdays while we were there!

It's a good thing my Dad taught me that calories don't count when you're on vacation!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous right now:)! Donut hole, grandkid prayer time, the buddy system, not to mention the beach! How great is your family?! If they're looking to adopt... HA!:)

    ReplyDelete