Friday, June 17, 2011

Lyla got a new cousin!!

John David's sister, Ali, had her baby boy this week! John Morris Deal. And I am obsessed. He is the cutest, sweetest thing ever!!! And Ali is a CHAMP!! I'm seriously so proud of her. She was induced Tuesday morning, so John David, Lyla and I drove down to Texarkana on Tuesday. We hung out in the waiting room all evening (other than escaping for an Ironwood Grill dinner...yummy!!!), and then back to the waiting room until almost midnight. Our friend, Bethany, was keeping Lyla while she slept, and John David and I decided to head home around midnight to get some sleep and relieve Bethany. At this point, Ali was in intense labor, but we had no idea how much longer it was going to last. So, we headed home and went to sleep...only to get a text one hour later (1 am) to say that Ali was dilated to a 9 and it should be any minute now. So, I stayed with Lyla, and John David headed back up to the hospital. After some intense labor and pushing, John Morris was finally born at 5:20 am, weighing in at 7 lb. 10 oz. And he is SO sweet!! He's seriously so good, and Ali is adjusting so well! She's a natural! :)

just arriving in T-town...excited to meet our new cousin and nephew!!!

sweet Ali in labor...she wasn't in pain at this point. Just bored. haha!


the crew hanging out in the waiting room...Ali even came to visit in the middle of labor. :)

Lyla's making a weird face, but I had to get a pic with Pappy! (John David's dad)

Finally! He's here! My first time to hold him. Ignore his sad face...he really does love me.

Lyla meeting her cousin for the first time

She loves him!!!!


Jan Jan and Pop with their grandchildren!

Proud Daddy and Uncle



we got to have lunch with some fun friends! Lyla got super sweaty running around with Eva! :)


My friend, Mel, made this adorable "big cousin" t-shirt!! :)

and this is the onesie she made John Morris to match!


cute Mommy





Ali made this adorable sign to hang on the door! :)



is he not the cutest thing ever?!?!

eating some popcorn with our sweet friend, Bethany






someone's getting sleepy





saying bye bye to JM

We love our new little cousin and nephew!!
Congrats Ali and Cody!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! Cute family! Cute new baby cousin! I guess it's a good sign that these actually make me excited to be in the hospital having Brooklyn :) I guess I'm over my fears finally.

    ReplyDelete