Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekend in Dallas

There were SO many great reasons to make the trip to Dallas this past weekend, besides the obvious treat of being with my family...

One being Marshall's first "Small Fry" T-Ball game on Saturday. Their "games" are really more like practices just to teach them the game. Marshall was by far the cutest little baseball player you've ever seen! And Stephen was the coach. He did an incredible job guiding this group of 3 year old boys!

Although Marshall LOVES baseball, he was a little timid and unsure at first. But, after a little pep talk from his mom, he was good to go! And he did a great job! Hit the ball all the way to 2nd base, threw hard, and ran his little heart out. I was one proud Aunt!! :)




getting a pep talk from Cookie in the dugout :)

Meanwhile, Lyla was feeling pretty cool wearing Olivia's shades the entire time:


Another huge reason to go to Dallas was to meet sweet Violet!!!! My cousin, Kimberly, lives in Colorado, and came in town so that family could meet her sweet baby girl! My mom had all the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. over for lunch on Saturday, after the baseball game. (about 27 people!) It was such a treat to be with everyone...it was like a mini family reunion. I can't even begin to tell you how obsessed and in love I am with Violet!! I seriously could not stop taking pictures, she's just so dang cute. See for yourself....

SUCH a treat seeing these girls and catching up! It's been way too long!!

of course, John David had her laughing within seconds


While we passed Violet around, the "big" kids played outside in this little pool...
and had a blast!




Happy girl! She's SO good!!

cutest little Mama :)




Told you. I'm obsessed.

On Sunday, we enjoyed a great service at Watermark, and then my mom had everyone (us, Marshalls, Eoffs, and Richard and Kristen) over for lunch after church. (I didn't even mention the delicious meals my mom cooked for all of us Friday and Saturday nights!! The woman is a true saint and servant!!)
Annie and Lyla enjoying some appetizers at the pub before lunch

Our yummy lunch (minus the soup)...I don't know why I think food is so pretty. I can't resist taking pictures of it! :)

Then, on Sunday night, John David and I went to Nick and Rachel's wedding! The third huge reason to be in Dallas! Rachel has been in mine and Kristen's Bible Study the past year and a half, and we LOVE her! They are such an incredible couple, and I truly felt honored to be there and be a part of it. Just watching Nick's sweet face as she walked down the aisle made the 5 hour drive all worth it! God was glorified for sure, and I can't wait to see how He's going to use their marriage.

Sidenote: One of my best friends from growing up ended up being the wedding singer at the reception...KIRA! How crazy in that?!?! She's amazing.


Double Sidenote: Lyla got her first black eye by taking a nosedive off Mom's couch, landing directly on her cheek on the brick floor. 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave and I hadn't even started getting ready. Stress.

poor baby. I'm sure CPS is going to come knocking on my door any minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment