Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Tickling" on the potty

I had to share a funny Lyla story so I don't forget! :) Yesterday, she came up to me and said, " I need to go potty!" She's done this a few times.  I'll put her on her big girl potty, she'll sit for a while, then say "wipe"...although she has never actually gone! But hey, I'm just glad she's starting to tell me when she thinks she needs to go. I actually think she tells me this right after she's already gone. Anywho, yesterday, when she told me she needed to go potty, I said, "Lyla, if you go tinkle on the potty, I'm going to give you a treat!" And she instantly said, "treat? no-nut?" (Doughnut....we've been with my parents for the past week and Papo has spoiled her rotten with donuts.  So, naturally, that's the first treat she thought of.) So, I said, "Yes, I'll give you a donut if you tinkle on the potty." Right then, she got so excited, ran to her  big girl potty and started TICKLING it!! She was going, "tickle, tickle, tickle" all over the potty with her fingers. HAHA!!! She sure was confused when that didn't earn her a donut. Silly girl.  I guess I need to start saying "pee pee" instead of "tinkle".  :)

5 comments:

  1. Um...that's the funniest story I've heard in a LONG time!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing SO, SO HARD!!! I love it! We call it tinkle too, but Noah's never made that connection. He does, however, sometimes get "tickle" and "tackle" confused, which is never good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! wish i could tickle the potty for a donut too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you congested when you said it?

    ReplyDelete