Sunday, September 4, 2011

Razorbacks and Botanical Gardens

I can't even begin to describe how great our weekend was. My heart has felt so full and happy and giddy all weekend! It was the first taste of Fall...and I loved every minute! Our friends Matt and Kinsey came in town, and it's always a guaranteed blast whenever we are with them. Friday night, we hung out at Katie and Andrew's with a fun group of friends...just ordered pizza and had a great, low-key night catching up with everyone. 

On Saturday, we had a very slow and calm morning with Matt and Kinsey...drank coffee, ate toast, played with Lyla.  I went to a bridal shower for my friend, Casey, which was SO much fun, while Lyla took a nap...and then we were ready to hit the PIT and start calling those hogs!!!! I went into tailgating and the game with very low expectations for Lyla, being newly potty trained and just super active and not knowing how she would be, which I think is why I was so pleasantly surprised at how perfectly awesome she was!! I had prayed so much that it would be an enjoyable time, so I was just praising Jesus the whole time for answered prayers! It truly ended up being one of the most fun memories we have as a family to date. I mean, we had a BLAST.

leaving the house, heading out to do some tailgating...
me and my sweet girl
I love how admiringly she's looking at Kinsey...she fell in LOVE with Matt and Kinsey this weekend! Couldn't stop giving them kisses when they left!
And, we made it to our tailgating spot! Getting some sugar from Uncle John!
I got to see my dear friend Katie!!! I miss her so much, and it was such a treat to catch up and hug her neck!
"Mmmmmmm....that looks yummy!"
A group shot with the family! Love them!
And, time to head into the game...
Lyla was SO into the game!! She danced to every single song (when the music stopped, she'd say "more music"), clapped at every opportunity, yelled at the field when everyone else started yelling, and even picked up on the hand motions to the band songs and would join in each time. I have never had more fun watching a human being in my entire life.  She was soaking it ALL in, and into every single play!! John David even turned to me at one point and said, "Lyla might be my favorite person to ever go to a Razorback game with." Couldn't agree more. She was an absolute blast. We left at halftime, and she said "more football! more 'back!" (razorback) the entire way home, and even woke up saying it! We've got a football fan on our hands!! I really think she had more fun than anyone else there.
This morning, we woke up and went to eat breakfast at Common Grounds with Matt and Kinsey.  We sat on the patio and I had to go to the car to get a jacket!!! It felt amazing!!! We enjoyed the yummiest food, and then went to the Botanical Gardens to walk around and enjoy the weather. I'm sad to say that we live across the street from the Gardens, and it was my very first time to actually go inside and walk around! Man, have I been missing out!!! One of the coolest things about Fayetteville by far. We had an absolute blast, and as you can see, I could not stop snapping photos..
laughing so hard on the swing with Matt







Again, Matt had her laughing so hard!








3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat blog update! Just had a ball reading every word and loving every picture!! I wish yall could think up a fun outing or two sometime! hehe. LOVE YOU AND MY SWEET BLAGGERS WITH ALL MY HEART!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get Lyla's hog dress? Love it! I want to get one for my little girl.(My name really is Mindy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete