This mama is getting BIG and feeling every bit of it! Here I am with my little Mall Walking buddy this morning...she wanted to pose with me in our sweat suits. :) So, in no particular order, here are my random thoughts about pregnancy thus far:
- ALL I crave are sweets and carbs. (and coffee...would drink it ALL day long if I could) So, my latest "indulgence" to give into my cravings without driving through chickfila every hour for a peppermint milkshake (which is what I really want to do) is to eat a bowl of grapenuts with tons of berries on it. This has become my breakfast every morning, and often an afternoon or evening snack. SO yummy!!!
- My back aches all the time. My tummy feels so insanely heavy, and most nights I go to bed with a heating pad.
- Still lots of fatigue and zero energy. I'm afraid I zoomed through the nesting phase without actually setting up a nursery. Oops. I have moved all of Lyla's furniture in the nursery room, and I'm using Julia's old bedding of Annie's for the crib. So, we'll count that as being done. :) Although, I would like to clean out that closet at some point. And maybe hang some things on the walls.
- Sometimes I feel like I'm Bella and I'm growing a vampire in my belly. Her movements are SO strong and intense that they actually make me grimace in pain. I think this little girl is going to be freakishly strong, and super long since I feel her in both ribs at the same time...all the time.
- I'm unbelievably pumped about having another girl!!! As much as I thought I wanted a boy, I can't imagine it being any other way. God really does know what He's doing. :) I'm SO excited for Lyla to have a sister, and SO happy she'll have a little playmate with all her fun girly things she's into. I'm dreaming of such a fun, girly playroom someday where they'll create tons of memories...in matching outfits, of course. ;)
- I think we've officially decided on a name!!!!! And I LOVE IT!!!! Although, I think that deserves it's own blog post. :)
- I already can't bend over...putting on shoes, bathing Lyla, picking things up, etc. Makes me feel like I'm gonna puke.
- I can't decide if 9 more weeks sounds insanely SOON, or entirely too long considering I'm so uncomfortable and only getting bigger by the day. I'm really trying not to wish this time away...I'm trying so hard to soak up time with Lyla as my only child right now, and sleeping through the night (well, you know, besides hourly pee breaks)...but I AM ready to not be pregnant anymore and for her to be in my arms and not in my belly.
- P.S. I really, really hope this entire post doesn't sound like a bunch of complaints. I just wanted to document truthfully how I'm feeling. Overall, I'm incredibly thankful for a healthy pregnancy and an active little girl in there. Can't wait to meet her!!!!!