Monday, January 23, 2012

Name Reveal...

Most of you already know the name of Lyla's baby sister, but in honor of her name sake's birthday today, I figured I'd make it blog official. :) 

Coming in about 5 and a half weeks, I introduce to you...

Lowen Lee Blagg
 {I got this old antique door as a wedding gift about 6 years ago, and this past weekend, I had my talented sister-in-love Ali transform it into a piece of art to hang above the crib. Could not LOVE it more!!!!! And I'm loving the symmetry of her monogram.}
 {also, these burp cloths arrived in the mail today, making it feel very official!!!}

LOWEN is after my very best friend growing up. As you can see, we've known each other since we were teeny tiny...


We have more memories together than I could even begin to count. We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings, and although we've lived long distance for a long time, she will always be one of those friends who we pick up with each other right where we left off. If you check out her blog, you'll see that she's incredibly cool, talented, and creative and I just absolutely adore her to death!!! I'm so excited to have a daughter named after such a special, life-long friend!! (and it helps that she has one of the coolest names EVER and that I love the way it sounds with Lyla)  :)

LEE is after John David's sister, Alison Lee (you know...the same SIL who painted the monogram) :) This is really special to me as well because Lyla's middle name is MY sister's middle name (Whitney Kathryn), so I thought it would be neat for both of our girls to share middle names with their Aunts...obviously 2 VERY special girls to us as well!! :) Also, Lee is a family name with 2 other great grandparents on John David's side.

So, there you have it. Can't wait to meet you Baby Lowen!!! (that's what Lyla calls her...except it's "Baby Yowen") Oh, and a very happy birthday to the original Lowen!! :) Thanks for sharing your awesome name with our daughter!! We love you so much!

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Mindy! Perfect and it sounds lovely with Lyla and trust me you'll be saying and writing your daughter's names together ALOT. My M & M roll of my tongue like precious blessings and I'm sure Lyla and Lowen will be the same for you and John David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love it! Can't wait to see it on the wall! I hope Lyla's room wasn't too messed up. Porter was in the car so I ran in and out. Missed you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Love you, love her, love my blaggers so much!!!! can't WAIT for her to be here!!! such a sweet post fee fee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, I love her name and it does sound really sweet with lyla!! Cannot wait to meet the newest blagg girl. she is going to have one great sister!! we miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not be more honored. I'm so completely over the moon! I love you Mindy Moo!

    ReplyDelete