Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting ready for Lowen's arrival!

My C-Section is scheduled for 3 weeks from today!!! Which means it's countdown time! I know how fast weeks fly by in our lives and it will truly be here in a blink! Last night, my community group girls threw me the sweetest baby shower. It was SO much fun, so thoughtful, and got me even more excited for Lowen's arrival!! I officially feel prepared now that I have wipes, diapers, swaddle blankets, and some adorable outfits and shoes that aren't Lyla hand-me-downs. :) Once again, the infamous Katie Henry completely outdid herself and made it SO stinkin' adorable. They did a Pound Cake Bar, complete with regular, chocolate chip, and keylime pound cakes...with any topping you can imagine to go on them. Talk about some hard decisions!! I mean, how cute is this...















36 week belly!
 I was seriously blown away by the creativity of my friends. All the above gifts were handmade! Haley made the little towel with the birdies, AND the matching shirt and onesie with guitars on them for Lyla and Lowen to wear!!! LOVE! Kelly made that sling and the shoes!! Seriously impressed. And Lauren made the 2 adorable onesies. I was so touched by the time they put into these, and can't wait for Lowen to wear each of them! 
 And here's a pile of all of Lowen's new things!!! Absolutely love every single thing. I have some generous friends!!

And now for a peek at the nursery! I can't believe how little time, money, and effort I've put into it. Yet, I absolutely love it! Literally the only things I bought were the $10 curtain panels from Walmart, and the frames for the prints above the dresser from Walmart as well. Everything else was Lyla's or borrowed from Katie or Julia! 



Now all we need is Lowen! (although not for another 3 weeks please!) :)

2 comments:

  1. OHH MY GOODNESS! So many things to say! PRECIOUS shower, cutest gifts ever! Katie...way to go! L-O-OOO-V-E the nursery Fee Fee!!! Seriously! It looks so grown up and sophisticated and just sweet all at the same time! I can't wait for my eyes to see it for real in person! YOU COULDNT BE ONE TINY BIT CUTER! Precious in every way! 3 weeks! Can't even believe it! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE AND MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS YOU! Love seeing every bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nursery! So excited for you. You got lots and lots of great loot for Lowen! Love your baby belly too!!

    ReplyDelete