Monday, April 16, 2012

When we haven't been packing...

Well, big news...we sold our house!!!! Thank you Lord!! So, we've been packing, packing, packing. We close on Wednesday. Once again, I'm so thankful for our amazing community here! I've had so many neighbors and friends offer to watch Lyla so I can pack. And so many friends bring us dinner over the past week. The meals could not have come at a more perfect time! Let me tell you...it's not easy packing with a 2 year old and a newborn! I'm amazed at how much STUFF we have! It seems to never go away, no matter how many boxes I pack! I've quickly become unsentimental and have been cleaning out like crazy. We will be having a big garage sale this weekend in Patrick and Margot's driveway. (that's where we will be living for the next 2 weeks until we can move into our rental on May 1st. Yes, our lives are insane.) But, I'm truly so thankful for a sold house, a place to rent month to month until we figure out what to do next, and amazing friends to take in our family of four for 2 weeks! And SO thankful for BHill, Jeremy, and John William who have been over here the past 4 nights to load up our huge trailer and take loads out to Patrick's airplane hanger to store everything! Thank you, Lord, for selfless friends who love our family so well! Feeling extremely blessed! So, when we haven't been packing, this is what we've been up to...

 (those 2 pics above were actually taken a couple weeks ago, but I liked them too much not to share)
 picnic at Gulley Park last week with fun friends. LOVE nights like this!

 Cookie sent these bathtub paints for Easter, and they have provided lots of entertainment. Lyla specifically asked me to take this picture and send it to Jan Jan to show her the painting she did for her! Another sidenote: Please note the strawberry on her left knee. This happened at Eli Butler's birthday party on Saturday. She fell and skinned it on the driveway and cried 3/4 of the party over it. And then either limped or crawled for the next 24 hours!!! I've never seen her take that long to get over a boo boo. Glad she's back to running around the house. I can't handle carrying her AND Lowen everywhere! 
 We've had LOTS of dance parties as we've been packing to music! 
Yesterday, we needed a family outing. So, we loaded up the girls in the rain and headed to Village Inn for breakfast. Lyla was SO excited to wear her new raincoat Cookie also sent for Easter! 
 I told her to make a funny face to match her pancakes and this is what I got.
 Precious Lee offered to watch Lyla the other day so I could pack. Lyla picked out this outfit, we packed her a little lunch, and sent her out the door. DL walked her back home. So sweet. :)
 And this little nugget just keeps growing, and keeps being so sweet!! Just chilling in the outfit Auntie Margot bought her! :)
We had the most fun day with the Colliers last week! Met SB and Estee for lunch at Chickfila, then after naps, they came over to the house so Estee could hold Lowen. She was SOOO excited!! They then had us over for dinner! So thankful for their friendship!

my sassy girl
 my sleepy girl
love this little soapy body at bathtime!

Ok....back to packing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls Fee Fee!! I miss yall so much!!! Can't believe all you are juggling these big days! Praying for smooth transitions!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are crazy busy! Love it! Love you guys and miss you!

    ReplyDelete