Sunday, May 13, 2012

Girls Trip to Dallas!

Last weekend, I loaded up both Lyla and Lowen and drove to Dallas by myself!! Not quite sure what I was thinking. The drive took 7 hours, including 2 stops both ways to feed Lowen, take potty breaks, fill up with gas, change diapers, console a fussy baby...you get the idea. Might not be doing that by myself again for a good 3-4 years. BUT, I do have to say, it was well worth it!!! Such a fun-filled weekend, as always. Months ago, Whitney and I got tickets for Lyla and Olivia to see Fresh Beat Band (our tickets were a HUGE treat from Jan Jan and Pop, and Olivia's was an early birthday present) Both of our girls are OBSESSED with the Fresh Beat Band, and when we saw they were going on tour, we could not pass up the opportunity to take them. It did not disappoint! So, that was the main reason for the trip. But, it also fell on the same weekend PRECIOUS Marshall had surgery to get his tonsils and adenoids out. So, I was glad I got to be there to love on the precious little patient...

And, of course, Lyla SOAKED up time with her cousins!!! She loves them so, so much and it makes my heart so happy to see their little friendships grow. And bath time with them is always a blast...

Lowen was just her sweet self and melted everyone's hearts, of course. She spent most time in her carseat, just taking naps and flirting with everyone...

 On Sunday, we celebrated my Mom's birthday with a BBQ lunch and cake and ice cream at the Eoff's house. They so thoughtfully planned the big family celebration a little early than her actual birthday so that we could participate! So thankful we got to join the celebration of the GREATEST Mama on the planet!! 
 sweet Max trying to crawl, and smiling as always!! 








After the birthday celebration, we headed home for Lyla to "take a nap" before the big concert. She fell asleep for 10 minutes on the car ride home, then woke up as I was carrying her inside. She couldn't fall back asleep because she was too excited for the concert. So, oh well...off to the show we went fueled by a 10 minute power nap! I don't blame her...it was like Christmas Eve, she was so excited!! 
2 cute rockstars ready to head out the door!
Of course, sweet Olivia made treat bags for everyone!
The car ride there was one of my favorite memories of the entire weekend. (maybe life). These 2 giddy girls chanted, giggled, and sang FBB songs the entire way there. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.


Finally there! Headed into the show! (fun sidenote: John David has played at this same venue before. I got to tell Lyla that her Daddy is as big of a rockstar as Kiki, Marina, Twist, and Shout.)  :)

As soon as we walked to our seats, Lyla started crying because she wanted to be on the stage to sing and dance. One day, Lyla, one day. Nothing a little $6 bag of popcorn couldn't cheer right up.
 The concert was truly a BLAST!!! I danced and sang along to every song as well. And Lyla was SO fun to watch. She was in awe. She got so excited at one point she started calling the Hogs. Ha!!
After the show, we bolted to get in line for a t-shirt.
Excited group hug as we stood in line.
I'm pretty sure we were the last 4 to leave the whole place. These 2 could not stop dancing around with excitement. In fact, we were so busy running around and dancing, that we completely missed Kiki, Marina, Twist, and Shout walking right by us to get on the elevator. MAN, what a photo opp that would have been!!!
And, of course, this little rockstar crashed the second we got in the car. But, since we were all starving, we woke her up for dinner at Chilli's to top off the night. These 2 were delirious:
On Monday, we met Whitney and her boys for a quick lunch at Mooyah's before hitting the road again.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard. Lyla is a rockstar. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, my mom and me are all CRACKING UP at Lyla calling the hogs! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete