Saturday, June 2, 2012

3 Months

Lowen is 3 months old today! I'm actually kinda relieved to make it to this point, because I feel like she's officially out of the newborn stage. And this is where the fun really starts. :) For instance, she's holding her little head up so well and today I put her in the bumbo for the very first time...
And what's really ironic is that Lyla wore this exact shirt the very first time she ever sat in the bumbo!! And it's one of my favorite pics of her. I didn't even realize it till after I had snapped the picture and kinda had a dejavue moment. (if I were really tech savvy, I'd do a cool comparison pic but I don't know how to do that...so if you care, look at June of 2010 posts under "Lyla's firsts" to see her same picture) :)

Well, to be honest, not too much has changed since her 2 month post. She's still just as sweet and calm and precious. And gassy. Hoping that will change soon. I've heard 3 months is the magic age. She still only wants like 3.5 oz every 3 hours, although I'm force-feeding 4 oz. :) Still doing a dream feed around 10, then she'll sleep till about 4 or 5 am. (hoping that will end soon as well! I'm ready for a full night's sleep! Although, I know it could be worse.) Still LOVES to be swaddled, although my newest goal is to break her of it! I've started doing one arm out for naps and she's finally doing great with it after a few days. Thanks to her new lovie from Auntie Claudia...
I have a feeling she's going to love that zebra like Lyla loves her piggy, and we'll look back at this picture and be amazed at how vibrant the colors are. :)

Let's see, what else? She LOVES bathtime. Loves it when anyone talks to her...she'll smile back at you and coo the sweetest little sounds. She spends most of her days on the go in her carseat, or hanging out in her bouncy seat or nap nanny, or napping in the pack and play. She's holding her head up really well during tummy time and has even rolled over to her back a few times.

And Lyla is still just the sweetest big sister ever. Whenever Lowen is crying, she comes and gives her kisses on the head or brings me her gas medicine without me even asking. She's learned the drill by now. :) Here they are this morning, cuddled up watching cartoons together. Melt my heart.

 (the first of many secrets they'll share) :)

Lowen, Happy 3 Months!! We could not be more in love with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment