Thursday, August 2, 2012

5 Months/ 32 Years

Today is extra special in the Blagg household because Lowen turns 5 months old, and John David turns 32 years old! So, here's to two of my favorite people on this earth...
Starting with Lowen:
Besides her absolutely melting my heart into a complete puddle, this has been the hardest month as far as sleep goes. Just fighting going down for naps, and not taking very long naps. Wanting to be held, rocked, etc. (I'm really not good at the whole "cry it out" thing!) I know everyone talks about "4 month sleep problems" and Lowen was no exception. I think a lot of it has to do with her rolling obsession. And I'm blaming the fact that she doesn't have her own room, so she's still in the pack and play in our room. I'm convinced she'd be sleeping better in her crib in her own room. Nonetheless, not my favorite month for naps. (although, in the middle of writing this, I just put her down for a nap, and she fell right to sleep without a peep! So, maybe I take all that back. She's just proving to me that she's a big 5 month old now and has outgrown that nonsense.) :)

She's still waking up just once at night, and I give her 2 oz. of formula. This has definitely saved time, and puts her right back to sleep until morning. So, I don't really fight it.

I did take her to the dr. for the first time because of her lack of sleeping. I just wanted to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or anything...and she didn't. :) So, that's good. The Dr. just said she's probably teething, although nothing is sprouting quite yet. That was a week ago, and she weighed 14 pounds, 13 oz. so she had grown a whole pound in just 2 weeks! She's even started fitting in her 6 month clothing. Little chunkalunk. :)

She's drinking 5 oz. of breast milk every 3 hours on the dot. She is on a consistent schedule as far as eating goes. She still gives the quickest, sweetest smiles to anyone that will pay attention to her. Can NOT believe she'll be half a year in just one month!!  Still soaking up each day with her because I'm well aware of how fast it's flying by! 
                          
 "Please don't put me in my pack and play, Mommy. I'm comfy right here!"

Sweet, happy girl. LOVES her tummy time!!
(scoots all over the place, and will occasionally rock up onto her knees. SO not ready for her to be crawling anytime soon!!!)

And, now, for my big 32 year old:
So, what is John David up to at 32 years old? He's in the 95th percentile for both weight and height. He's sleeping really well...usually goes down around 10 or 11 (or whenever I wake him up after falling asleep on the couch watching Duck Dynasty or Deadliest Catch). And he sleeps until about 6 am. He's definitely sleeping through the night, and usually doesn't even wake up when one of our children are crying. He usually wakes up early to go ride his mountain bike, his biggest obsession in life these days.  He's super fast, and I'm so proud. He also spends his time researching water levels and watching the weather channel for rain in hopes of going for a spontaneous kayak run. He's eating 3 meals a day, usually with some snacks in between. His favorite these days is an apple with peanut butter. 
He is building custom homes full time, and God has blessed him with several homes to build right now. We are so grateful!! He's still just as precious as ever. He loves Jesus with all his heart and lives with an eternal mindset, fully aware that this earth is not our home. He loves all kinds of people with compassion and sincerity. He's the most amazing husband and father, and he loves his 3 girls so well!! John David, we are so thankful we get to do life with you!!

Lyla and I got up this morning and made him a little birthday breakfast:
 And then Lyla smothered him with birthday hugs and kisses:


Happy Birthday John David!! We love you SO MUCH!!!
Can't wait to celebrate this weekend at the lake with our family!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I love that he let you put that 32 tag on him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, you are just the cutest!! LOVED the updates on those two :) JD's age "sticker" is my favorite :)
    PS. Come on down here for that cup of coffee on the deck anytime!! I would squeal with delight if you showed up! :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, John David is really going to appreciate the care you've taken chronicling his early years when he has kids of his own--oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracked me up then made me cry! Oh lord. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete