Monday, September 3, 2012

6 Months!




By far, my favorite baby age. John David and I both said several times this past month that if we could have a baby born at 6 months, we'd have several more. :) SO many changes over the past month...

  • we started solids. I'm not consistent by any means, but I try to feed her at least once a day. Although some days are crazy enough that we don't get to it. So far, she's had rice cereal, oatmeal cereal (not her fave), carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. Carrots were our first real solid and it got a tad messy...



  • She has become SO crazy mobile. She's basically crawling. For well over a month, she's been getting up on her hands and knees and rocking, and just in the past week or so, she's started taking a few crawling strides. She's definitely not full out crawling all over the place (thankfully!) but I know we are days away. 
  • She is sitting up on her own really well. And she can get from her belly to sitting up. (started around 5.5 months) I'm so thankful for these skills because she will play on a blanket with toys for hours. I'm definitely taking full advantage of this while we are currently moving and fixing up a house. (pics to come soon!)
  • We've been on a pretty consistent schedule over the past month. She's slowly moving to a four hour schedule, and has been for the past few days. But, over the past month, our schedule has looked like this:
(still wakes up in the middle of the night...time always varies...and I feed her 2 oz.)
8 am: 4.5 oz, followed by some kind of cereal
9-11 nap
11:30 am: 5 oz., followed by a veggie (if I don't get to it for "lunch", I try and do it for "dinner" depending on what our day looks like)
12:30-3:00 nap
3:00 5 oz. bottle
4-5 nap
6:30 5 oz bottle
7:00 bed
10:00ish dreamfeed

  • I'm really hoping to drop the dreamfeed ASAP, and hopefully drop that middle of the night feeding! We should move into our new house soon, and once she's in her own room, I can crack down on sleep training. Although last night, she slept from 8 pm until 7:30 am!!!!!!! (besides me waking her at 1 am to transfer from our new house to our rent house, but she fell right back to sleep) Hope it's a sign of things to come as a mature 6 month old!!!! 
  • I'm hoping her new eating schedule will be 8, 12, 4, and 8. But, we'll see. :) I'm still pumping, but only 3 or 4 times a day. Morning, night, and then whenever it's convenient during the day. So, I'd say she's still getting like 60% breastmilk. But, I've loved having the freedom to just give her a bottle of formula when needed. Not sure how long I'll keep going. 6 months was my goal, but I'll just keep going till I can't stand it any longer. 
  • Yesterday (her actual 6 month birthday), she started saying "dadadadada". She clearly has NO clue what she's saying, but it's so cute to hear her start to babble. LOVE that little voice.
  • just got back from her well-check and she weighs 15.9 pounds (50th %), is 25.4 inches long (40th %), and head is 25th %
Lowen, thanks for being the sweetest, most delightful little thing!!!! Can't believe you are HALF a year! We love watching you grow and discover the world around you. You melt our hearts daily!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment