Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Girls Weekend!!!!!

So, last year I turned the big 3-0, and I really wanted to go on a fun girls trip to celebrate but I was pregnant with Lowen and it just didn't happen. So, this year, John David was determined to make it happen. His gift to me was a girl's weekend away to Kansas City!! It's seriously not in my nature to do things like this. For one, I never feel like we have the money to splurge on something like that, and I also feel too guilty as a mom leaving my kids. But, thankfully, I have a husband who forces me to do it because he knows I need it! And thankfully, I have friends whose husbands were willing to let them come with me!! I wanted to keep it small so that we would just have to take one car, and just get one hotel room. So, I initially thought it was just going to be me, Katie, and Haley. So, the three of us loaded up on Friday afternoon, and drove to KC. We chatted the whole way, and it was already a blast by the time we got there...  
can you tell we were excited?? Checked in, ready to head to our room.
I showed up to pick up Haley, and we were wearing the same shirt. ha! :)
After relaxing at the hotel for a bit, we got ready for dinner and headed out the door. We went to a place called Cafe Trio, which was just right up the street from our hotel. So we walked on over and ordered a bottle of wine and some delicious appetizers...
The patio was so great...twinkling lights, perfect weather, good company, and delicious food.
We were just eating, laughing, and chatting away, when all of a sudden, someone grabbed me from behind and stuck their smiling face directly in my face. I literally was so shocked that it took me a full 10 seconds or so to realize that the face staring at me was MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John David had completely pulled off the biggest surprise EVER!!! And Haley caught it all on film...



The four of us sat here talking and laughing till midnight. And I continued to be in such a giddy state that my sister was sitting there with us!!!! Complete and utter bliss. And, of course, we had on matching earrings...
On Saturday morning, Whitney and I both woke up right around 8 am. We threw on our jeans, brushed our teeth, and went down to the Starbucks in the hotel lobby to get some coffee and breakfast, do our Bible studies, and visit. Haley and Katie joined us when they woke up, and we ended up sitting there until after 11 am! No other way I'd rather spend my morning!! We then decided to shower and head out  to explore the Plaza.
First stop was to take a picture with the Razorback of course! 
Then, we went to the Classic Cup for lunch. Again, sat on a delightful patio with amazing weather and ate the best turkey club sandwich I think I've ever had.

After lunch, we shopped all afternoon. We went to H&M, Free People, Urban Outfitters, then Anthropologie (my happy place). I'm usually not much of a shopper at all, but I actually had a blast looking at all these cute stores and walking around in the gorgeous weather with my best friends!

Loved this pink fountain in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
After our day of shopping, we went back to the hotel to relax for a bit and then get ready for dinner. 

We ate at Seasons 52. The food was healthy and yummy, and the atmosphere was even better. We enjoyed live music and these flatbread appetizers. After dinner, we walked over to McCormick and Schmick's for their famous chocolate bag. We sat on yet another patio, next to a fire pit, and devoured this beauty...

On Sunday, I slept in until 9:45!! I was SO excited. I hugged my sister goodbye (tear!), and then Katie, Haley, and I went to Tomfooleries for brunch. I've never seen such a spread of food in my entire life!
After brunch, we hit up Anthropoligie one last time...
Sad goodbye to the beautiful plaza...
And then drove home to these sweet nuggets...
I swear they grew while I was gone!! It was so great to come home, and SO GREAT to have a break from reality!!! Thanks John David!! And Happy "30th" to me! ha! THANK YOU Katie, Haley, and Whit (and all their husbands!!) for making this weekend such a blast for me! I LOVE Y'ALL!!!


2 comments: