Wednesday, November 7, 2012

8 months (a little late!)

I'm telling you, I absolutely could not be more obsessed with this child!!! She is a pure delight. If it was even possible, I think she got more smiley and giggly this month. Her latest trick is that she learned to clap a couple weeks ago. Literally, out of nowhere, just started clapping. And she LOVES it!!! Does it all. the. time. And it's the cutest thing. It's like the world is constantly entertaining her and she's so pleased. Still crawling ALL over the place and has gotten even faster. I can't leave her alone for 2 seconds. Still pulling up to stand on everything in sight...just a busy little explorer. She has started sleeping SO much better this past month. Taking great naps, for the most part. And, every now and then she'll wake up at night but I rarely have to go in there. She'll usually fuss for a minute then fall back asleep. I'm always shocked and SO thankful! Still takes 2 solid naps a day, and usually still needs a 3rd little cat-nap in the evening.  Overall, she's just pure sugar!!

Here's the comparison pictures between Lyla at 8 months and Lowen at 8 months...


Pretty crazy, right?!?

*Quick Mom question...(and confession)...I seriously HATE feeding her baby food. I didn't do it very long with Lyla. Pretty much went straight to finger foods. And even now, Lowen only gets like 1 thing of baby food a day. But, she doesn't have ANY teeth, so I feel like I don't know what finger foods she can have. So far, she's only had cheerios, mum mums, puffs, yogurt melts, and tiny bits of banana. If you are a mom of a baby around this age, any other ideas? Please?? :) I love being able to sit her in the high chair and let her feed herself! Call me lazy. I know. 

Anywho, Happy 8 Months to our Lowen Lee!!!!

3 comments:

  1. My son is also 8 months, (I think he and Lowen are only a few days apart), but he's never had baby food. We do baby led weaning and I've been really happy with it! He's up to 4 teeth now, but even before the first couple broke through he was eating lots of veggies.

    His favorites have always been squash and zucchini, cooked whatever way. He does well with those, baked sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, whole wheat or brown rice pasta, cooked carrots, applesauce, oatmeal, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, any kind of winter squash. It's really amazing what they can eat with no teeth, those jaws and gums are strong!! You can check out the Baby Led Weaning cookbook for more ideas! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Thank you so much for the suggestions! Can't wait to check out that site and try some new foods!

      Delete
  2. Mine just turned 1 but around that age we were doing butternut squash, avocado (still a favorite!), green beans (cut in thirds), cheese (i cut a cheese stick into little slices, then each slice into 4 little squares, then I smash the squares. Paranoid! First kid :), wheat toast in tiny bits (sometimes with yogurt or something spread on it to help soften), yogurt (YoBaby), bananas, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, blueberries cut in half.

    I really like the site weelicious.com, it helped me think of combining things I wouldn't have thought of on my own, like making "applesauce" out of pears and strawberries.Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete