Saturday, November 17, 2012

Another BIG catch-up post! :)

 Once again, so behind on the good ole blog. And yet, so many fun things going on...

Our friends, Matt and Ginny, started a non-profit organization called 99 Balloons...an outreach to kids with special needs. They are an amazing couple with an incredible story. We had the privilege of attending their fundraiser, an art auction, a couple weeks ago. Our good friend, Brian, created this piece of art out of recycled children's toys to form the image of a little boy from Uganda named Jo Jo. 
 Absolutely amazing.
 And John David was asked to do the music for the evening with our friends Neil and Tiffany, and Kevin. I was one proud wife!!! They sounded amazing!!!
 Baking some Halloween cookies...they were seriously SO giddy about this! Not sure which one was more excited! :)

A couple weekends ago, John David went on a mountain biking trip with some guys. As the weekend approached, I made a last minute decision to head to Dallas with the girls so that I wouldn't be by myself all weekend. SUCH a great decision!! Although I was nervous about the drive, the girls did GREAT! And I ended up having such a worshipful time in the car with my dear friends, Tim Keller and Christy Nockels. :) And, of course, had a complete and total blast with my family. It was truly just a refreshing weekend...one that my soul needed!! Great conversations with my parents and siblings, and Lyla had such fun with her cousins and Papo and Cookie!
 The weather was perfect all weekend and we spent about 85% of our time on my parent's awesome patio. Lyla and Cookie did some early morning coloring so that I could take a shower. :)
 My mom, once again, served her little heart out and fed the masses. And we just let these guys go crazy in the kitchen while we enjoyed our adult meals in the other room. SUCH a good idea. :)
 (sidenote: sweet little Max had the stomach bug, so I sadly didn't get to love on him like I wanted to! But, I will soak up extra time with that boy over Christmas! He was missed!!) 
 Lyla loved picking red berries off the tree and making "bird food" mixtures. What's fun about this is that I used to do that when I was a little girl as well! That tree is still providing such fun! :)
 LOVED getting to see sweet Grandmama and Grandaddy!!

 These girls are 2 peas in a pod. At one point, I heard Olivia say, "Bauer, please go play somewhere else. Lyla and I are having some girl time."

 My Lowen got to meet Original Lowen's mommy!! So sweet! :)
The only catastrophe of the weekend occurred when Lyla and Annie were so quietly and sweetly playing in the other room. Julia, Whitney, Mom and I were in the kitchen ironically discussing discipline strategies for our children when we heard some loud crying coming from Annie. We ran in and found scissors in Lyla's hand and blood on Annie's cheek. YIKES! That's when we noticed the hair all over the floor and Lyla said, "We were just playing beauty parlor!" Oh man.  They each gave each other some nice layers. And Lyla clearly isn't too skilled at using scissors and gave Annie's cheek  a nice trim. Felt like a complete failure of a mom, but I guess it's one of those things that every mom goes through. And, hopefully, lesson learned!! 

 Last weekend, Ali, Cody, and John Morris came to Fayetteville for the weekend. We had SUCH a great time with them, and got to check out Crystal Bridges for the first time. Loved it. We will definitely have to go back when we have more time. Here are the few pics I got of our time together...
The cool metallic tree outside the museum. These 2 had so much fun together!





A couple nights ago, Haley and I took our girls to see Beauty and the Beast, a play put on by the local theater. They had a blast!!

 And a few more randoms...


 I've gotten more adventuresome with the finger foods. So far, she hasn't turned down a thing! Here she's eating some spaghetti squash. :)
 Richard and Kristen had baby girl #2!! Arden Monnet Cole. And Kristen is my hero!! Arden weighed 10 lb 3 oz and she labored naturally! Superwoman. And SO pumped to have another friend with 2 girls. It's the best. :)
Craft Day at Stella's! 
Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment