Monday, February 17, 2014

Disney World...Day Two!

Our 2nd day at Disney started out with breakfast at Ohanas at the Polynesian much fun!! It was a character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. The whole place had such energy and excitement and definitely started our day out right!!

After breakfast, we took the monorail to Magic Kingdom and got there right before opening to see the show they put on! So exciting! Walking in and seeing the castle made me tear up. :)

After a quick picture in front of the castle, we went straight to Fantasy Land and Lyla spotted the carousel first. She was so excited about it, she rode it twice...and we had to assure her that there were lots more exciting things to see and do. :) We rode It’s a Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo (no lines!), Little Mermaid ride (Loved!!!), the Teacup, Magic Carpet Ride, met Rapunzel and saw Snow White again (the one from dinner, and she recognized Lyla!) 

We ate lunch at the Be Our Guest Cafe, which was really fun and yummy. All morning, Lyla kept begging to go back to the hotel and swim! ha! Thankfully, there were lots of exciting things to distract her with. We were finally going to leave so she could swim, and we stumbled upon the "Dreams Come True" play at the castle. Lyla got to eat her pink ice cream on her daddies shoulders while watching the play. If that's not her own dream come true, I don't know what is...

Right after the show, a super exciting parade started up!! I tell ya, Disney knows how to do it...

After the parade, we left the park so Lyla could "go home and swim". On the way to our car Lyla said, "Look! There's a word in the sky!" We looked up, and sure enough saw the word "Trust" and then continued to watch as the plane spelled out "Jesus". Super cool! 
Instead of going back to swim, Lyla instantly fell asleep in the car, so we ended up driving to Epcot to try and meet Elsa and Anna (the "Frozen" characters) and we let Lyla take a much needed cat nap in the car. She was in major post nap funk when she woke up and realized we were not at the hotel to swim. But we knew she'd want to meet Elsa and we dragged her into the park anyway...only to find a 2 and a half hour wait to meet Elsa and Anna!!! Thankfully by this point, Lyla didn't even care. She only wanted to swim. So, we grabbed dinner in Japan and finished eating just in time for the Drum Show. Ended up being a fun and relaxing night! 

 Then, we went back to the hotel and Lyla finally got to swim! :) Lyla went to bed, I got on a conference call, and John David hit up Downtown Disney by himself! Ha!! He sent selfies and videos all night long...and I was happy to be in my bed! And that was the end of Day Two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment